MARIVIC PARAZ-LEE, RN

My name is Marivic Paraz-Lee and I have been a registered nurse for eight years.  I graduated from the College of San Mateo with an Associates Degree in Nursing in 2009. After graduating, I worked as a staff nurse in the med-surg/telemetry unit of St. Mary's Medical Center (Dignity Health) in San Francisco where the patient population ranged from regular med surg, coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG), congestive heart failure (CHF) and percutaneuos coronary intervention (PCI) patients.  Three years later, I decided to switch gears and accepted a position as a pre-op/PACU nurse at an ambulatory surgery center where we specialize in sports orthopedics.  Just recently, I accepted a position as an Assistant Nurse Manager (ANM) at Kaiser San Francisco in the Cardiac Procedure Unit (CPU) where my clinical nurse leadership (CNL) skills and USF Master's education is being put into practice.  I have always wanted to return to school to further my education but the timing was never right due to raising three daugthers.  When I was ready to return to the academic setting, I felt that University of San Francisco's MSN-CNL online program was a perfect fit for my busy life. I am married and as previously mentioned, have three daughters (21, 12 and 9 y/o) who keep me on my toes.  I look forward to what is in store for me on my journey to becoming a Clinical Nurse Leader (CNL).