On my best day I am a “brand energizer."  From a young age I’ve enjoyed figuring out how to put the pieces together to make things stronger.  In my professional life my first building opportunity came as an Assistant Product Manager on the Orville Redenbacher’s brand.  Together, with an exceptional boss and support team, we re-juvenated the brand by developing an entirely new product, one that did not exist but would soon be consumed by millions of satisfied snackers, namely microwave popcorn.  In just 12 short months we grew the business from nothing to over $100M in sales and I've been hooked ever since.

From there I migrated to the agency world which afforded me the opportunity to contribute to not one, but many brands over the course of my career.  While working in advertising and branding I helped reinvigorate the Chevron brand with the award-winning “Talking Cars” campaign.  I also had a hand in creating entirely new brands, and re-energizing classic brands for the likes of Pepsico, Frito-Lay, Adobe, Safeway, Microsoft, MGM, Nestle and The Partnership For A Drug-Free America.

Along the way I nurtued my passion for mentoring and teaching through continual education and speaking engagements at many of California’s top universities.  Now as a full-time teacher at the University of San Francisco I help young, aspiring professionals energize their own careers.  

Outside the classroom I remain active in the business community through my own company, New Growth Consulting, which provides strategic marketing services to local Bay Area companies and nonprofit organizations.  So you can see that helping others to achieve their potential is what excites me.  I invite you to take a look at some of the work I've been involved with over the years, and if you have a brand that needs re-energizing please contact me.